
Last Sunday we invited Melissa and Dave over to celebrate Dave's birthday. We ate dinner together and had some yummy cookie cake with Dave's favorite: ice cream!! Happy 28
th Dave!!

Paige playing peek-a-boo with Dave and
Melis.

Reading a bedtime story!

Last weekend was also a first for me! I ran my first official race. I have been training at school with an after-school running club. The fifth grade girls participate in
the club and we work on
building up stamina and teaching
them a healthy way to exercise. I decided to help so I could lose that last five remaining pounds of baby weight(
gaining 45 pounds was not a good idea) I did lose that last five pounds and can run about 2.5 miles on a consistent basis! Yeah!! Anyways we had a race at my school last Saturday. It was listed as a 5k but Brad and I measured it out and it was actually closer to a 6K. I finished the race in 38 minutes. Not bad for my first race. I was hoping for about 35/36 but the day before the race I got really sick! SO I ran the race with a cold and still did well. So I ran about 12 minute miles!! Pretty good!! I am thinking about doing it again! I really enjoyed it!
3 comments:
jenn you look great!!!! i am so proud of you your a great mom wife and daughter i wish i was there to see you croo the finish line love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Very Cool! I am super proud of you, I know that free time isn't something you have a ton of!
She is getting so big :)
And can I just say that the hippo chair is way TOO CUTE!
I miss you!
S. Heald
Juj, you been holdin' out on me! This is awesome. U just did a 5K about three weeks aho and guess what my time was....38 minutes!! :0) 12-minute-mile was my pace for the marathon too, so maybe that's in your future? Anyway, I'm so excited that you did that. It feels great to cross the finish line, huh? Kudos to you and keep it up, Maybe at some point we can do a race together.
Love ya!
Bips
Post a Comment