Sunday, January 11, 2009

New York Trip

The day after Christmas we headed to the airport for our 10 day trip to visit family and friends. We had an absolute blast and just wish we could have stayd longer. It always goes so fast when we visit and I never feel like we have enough time to see everyone that I want to see or spend enough time with everyone! Here is Paige on the airplane. She didn't want to take of her new Tinkerbell glasses:)
Waiting to open her presents at Grandma's in her new pajamas from me& Daddy!

More Cinderella dolls! Paige loves anything with a princess on it!







Smiling with Grandpa Freddie.



Opening more presents.





This was one of her favorite presents. It was a Dance and Twirl Palace. A perfect gift for a girl who loves pink and castles.






Helping Grandma bake a pie.


























Opening her gift from Uncle Steve.










Hanging out with Uncle Jay and Nicole.











Paige opening her gifts from Grandpa Steve and Cheryl.












Displaying a new shirt.















If anyone needs to borrow anything princess related you know where to come...











Grandpa Steve opening his gift.















Paige and Grandma Kathy making a gingerbread house.


































Paige with her great-grandparents Fred and Carol.


















One night we went to go see Lights on the Lake. Here is our crazy family in the backseat.




















Lights



















Paige was excited to play in the snow. Since she likely won'tsee this much in Georgia we took advantage and played outside three times. On New Year's Eve Syracuse got a little storm so we had lots of snow to play in.





















Getting mad when her glove got wet.























Being pulled on the sled.















































Making snow angles with Mommy and Daddy. Brad and I had a blast playing in the show as well. I know all of the New Yorkers are pretty sick of the snow by February but you truly are so lucky. All of my students here (and Brad/I) wish it snowed more. It really is so fun to have snow days and spend the day in the snow and warming up with hot chocolate. I miss it so!

























Buried in deep!



























Daddy and Paige on day two in the snow.


























Sledding again!





























Mommy and Paige on the sled.



























































Grandpa Steve pushing Mommy and Paige down the hill!































Warming up with some hot chocolate.
































One day of our trip we got to meet up with some of my best college girlfriends and their families.It was great to be able to spend a day together and it was so wonderful to see everyone. I miss my girlfriends so much and can't wait to see them again. We are hopefully going to plan a girls trip to see each other this summer. Here and Paige and Ryan (Kate's son) playing at the table.

































Tara(Baby Girl Gypson too), me, Marcie, Kate, and Missy!



































Marcie always wants to be at the kids table.



































Paige with her ornament earrings on.



































Matt (Tara's husband) with his favorite pink bear. Okay, Okay I made him pose.







































Five of the six pack. We missed you Bridgette! (Me, Melissa, Tara, Kate, and Marcie)





































Hanging out with Uncle Jay and Nicole on the day before we left!








































My dad and Cheryl too!






































My stepbrother Bill, his girlfriend Shannon, my brother Jay, his girlfriend Nicole, me, my brother Steve, Paige, & Brad







I miss you already. I am so blessed with my friends and family.I just wished we all lived closer. If you stayed through this megapost, thanks!!


































6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE miss you all so much too. but soon we will be there for Paige,s birthday.we had so much good times together andfun times with our Paige.xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxxo

Jordan said...

Jenn - it looked like a great visit!! I'm glad you guys got to play in the snow. It's supposed to be super cold here later this week - something like 2 for a high and -15 for a low!!!! I'll be interested to see if the schools close at all due to the extreme cold... Happy New Year!

The Carlson Chronicles said...

Miss you already!! Hope we can all get together this summer!

Anonymous said...

I love when you post pictures of the family. It's been YEARS since I've seen them. Jay and Steve are all grown up!! Awww remember when they were just little boys? I sure do!!

Seeing your Mom and Dad was pretty cool too. They haven't changed much, looking good!!!

And *ahem* Have you lost your damn mind??? Saying we are BLESSED for having so much snow. You have been away much too long if you can say such a thing! You are a native New Yorker!! You know better! This is no blessing, it's a curse! Time for you to spend more time hear so you can refresh your memory on how much snow sucks. Remember shoveling the driveway, just to finish up and have the F'in plow go by and clog up the entire end of the driveway with wet heavy snow? Remember driving in it? Remember slipping and sliding in the parking lots while wearing dress shoes?? Ooooooohh yeah I know you know what I'm talkin about ;-)

Miss you!! You have to visit us next time you come.

Bobby Duerre said...

WOW!!!That is some serious snow. I don't know if I have even seen it so thick before. One time in '92 we got 6 inches and that was the most I can ever remember getting here. I think we are supposed to get a few flurries in the next day or so. Emma still remembers when it snowed last year and Bobby took her outside.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you put that picture of my awesome beard on there?