Monday, January 19, 2009

A day with my girl!

Playing Candy Land with Mommy.
Our self-portrait


Making her move.

While I was exercising Paige was playing quietly in her room. I went to check on her and I found Katie in the stroller with a bib on. Paige was feeding her and having her sit at the table. Such a little mom.




Reading books together before nap time.
Today was just a normal day at home playing with my sweet girl and doing normal chores. I was struck by such a happy feeling as we sat playing Candy Land together. I am so blessed to be able to only work part-time and to spend the rest of my days with my daughter. Being a mom is hard and challenging, yet the most rewarding job I have ever had. I am so thankful for the time that I get to spend with Paige and I don't regret my decision to work part-time at all especially after losing Gabe over three months ago. I have truly realized the importance of not taking anything or anyone for granted.What a blessing to be with her and to be her mom. (Only two weeks till my girl turns three!)



6 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

That is so sweet what you wrote Jen and I can't believe she can play candy land. I don't know if Jake would sit still enough or understand it. I love your background

The Carlson Chronicles said...

What a sweet post, Jenn. Looks like you two had lots of fun together! I agree, sometimes it is doing the normal, everyday things that take your breath away!

Anonymous said...

I love candy land!! Did Paige win?! Paige has a great mommy to look up to, no wonder she takes such good care of her baby! Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I adore the picture of the two of you together. The way she looks at you.... pure love.

Anonymous said...

MY two girls so sweet,I will soon be on my way to spendsome girl time ya know shopping, and whatever we do will be so great.Baking cake and cooking time for our birthday girl .xoxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxolove ggroot

Matt, Tara, Noah and Chloe said...

ah, Paige is such a sweetie too. She'll remember all the time you put into her life when she's older!