Our blog was created so all of our family and friends near and far could keep up with our family in words and pictures!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Difficult times
In all of our lives we have many difficult trials we have to overcome. Earlier this week our family came face to face with one of those times. As many of you know I was pregnant for the second time and due in March. On Monday I went to the doctor for my 18 week check-up and found out that I had lost the baby. I was also far enough along that I would have to deliver the baby. Our family was beyond devastated and we still are this many days later. I delivered Gabe Rice at 9:35 pm on Monday night. It was the only chance that Brad and I had to say hello and goodbye to him at the same time. It was the hardest day of my life and I pray that know one I know will ever have to experience that pain. My doctors can't give me a reason as to why this has happened and that may be one of the hardest parts. We have so many feelings going on inside; anger, sadness, grief and so many more. I know some people are probably thinking why write all this on a blog. A blog is a place for happy memories and why share this with all. I disagree with that. This is forever a part of our family now and always will be. In order to heal and grieve we need to talk about it and remember Gabe. Thank you so much for all of the prayers, calls, e-mails, food, flowers, and support. Thank you for grieving with us over the loss of Gabe and the future that we will never have with him. Your support is needed more than you realize. Please continue to pray for our healing at this time. We love you!
Here are pictures of two beautiful bouquets we have received.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I've always used my blog to help me through the hard times. When we write from the heart - whether it be happy or sad - we find others that understand and can relate. Its theraputic sometimes. I also feel that getting things out onto "paper" helps to get part of it out of my mind - to give me some peace. I hope you find that too.
You are all in my thoughts and I'm so so sorry you had to go through this. Much love and hugs.
There's a website - I'll have to look it up, where you can purchase a star and name it. When a good friend of mine lost her baby we bought her one and named it after the baby they lost. It meant a lot to her because she knew her baby's name would live on forever in the star archives and would look down upon them always.
It's just a thought.. I'll find the link for you and you can decide.
(((HUGS)))) Love ya, and I'm missing you so much right now. I wish I could be there to hug you in person.
http://www.starregistry.com/
Jenn, we are continuing to pray for all of you. I'm thinking of you all so much. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must be feeling. I'm glad to know that you have a lot of support through family & friends - and through your faith. I hope your days start to improve soon.
Keeping you and Brad in constant prayer. We love you and pray that you will feel God's presence in this time of immense grief. Any time you need to talk...you know I am here.
Jenn,
I am so sorry for your loss and think it is brave and right to rejoice and grieve with friends and family. Now I can be in prayer for you and your family. A good book I read, "I'll Hold You in Heaven.".
Love
Stephanie
Our Prayers are thoughts our love and hugs,and kisses.the loss of your son Gabe is in our hearts, in Gods hands.WE LOVE YOU ALL.xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox mom and Fred.
Jennifer, I'm so sorry for your family's loss, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now...I will be thinking of you and hoping you can find peace. Thank you for sharing your story here.
Jenn, so sorry to hear about your precious Gabe. Thinking of you and praying God's peace into your life.
Beth
What a week, Sister. I am so honored to be your friend and walk this road with you. We learned that loosing a baby will change you. And I pray that you will cling the One who can use something so so horrible for His glory.
I just added something to the end of my post. Check out the link if you haven't heard it already. I promise you'll sing it for years to come.
We love you Rices!!!
i just wanted to say hi and i just found out on monday(my mom and dad told me). even though im stll very young, i still wanted to tell and wish you the best threw this difficult time.im around kids and infants a lot and i just wanted to leave a message.
i love the name and i will remember it forever.
with LOTS of love,
Erin & Amanda Ziegler
Brad, Jennifer & Paige;
You all have been on my heart since Helen e-mailed me and let us know what had happened. I pray that the Lord's comfort will be with you continually as He is the only true comfort there is in times like these. I had a friend lose their baby boy on their delivery day and I know that nothing we can say helps but just to know that we are thinking about you and praying for you I hope will be a little help.
I understand that your family is coming down, and I hope you all have a wonderful visit. I look forward to seeing you all around Christmas. You are welcome to call me on my cell (706-889-2277) or at home (706-635-2277) anytime you need someone out of your normal circle to talk to.
I love you all,
Karen
I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Gabe. I also lost a baby at 20 weeks two years ago to the day. It still feels so fresh. Your Gabe will always be a part of your family. I saw you over at Angie's blog. If you need anyone to talk to my email is marcie84@gmail.com
Dear Rice Family,
I am a friend of Stacey Heald's. My thoughts and prayers have been with your family since she told me about the loss of your little Gabe. I am so sorry that your family has had to endure something so terrible. Please know that I will continue to pray for strength and healing for all of you.
Take care,
Lindsay Shaw
Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this very difficult time.
Post a Comment